Village school with long history
The Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod Hong Kong Mission established the St. Philip primary school to aid the educational needs caused by the migrant crisis.
Moving the school
The school moved to Ko Chiu Road in 1972 and turned into a government-aided primary school, while the old site became St. Philip Kindergarten. In 1990 they also moved — to nearby Kwun Tong — and the premises were occupied by a seafood restaurant. These days, Lei Yue Mun is a village without schools.
In 1956, two naval aircraft crashed at Lei Yue Mun (named ‘Lyemun’ in old records). Wreckage of the aircraft scattered around St Philip School and even pierced a hole in the ceiling of a classroom!