Quiet medieval mosque with intricate carved screens and a feminine touch.
In honour of a Hindu queen
The mosque is named after the Hindu queen of Sultan Mahmud Begada, Rani Sipri. It is very old. The queen commissioned this mosque in 1514 when her husband executed their son because they got into a fight. After her death, this is where the queen wanted to be buried. A mosque with a feminine touch; inside, there is also a Jenana, a separate area for women to worship.
This place is also known as Masjid-e-Nagina (Jewel of a mosque) because of the intricate jali carvings on its walls.